This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Our Privacy Principles
Our commitment to ensure the privacy of all customers is considered to be of the utmost importance by all staff within UK Sports Training. We have adopted the following principles to ensure that your data remains private:
1. We will only ask for and store personal information that is important to help us provide you with our services.
2. We don’t share your personal information with anyone except for the following reasons:
a. To provide you with our services
b. For statistical analysis
c. To arrange underwrite and administer insurance
d. To identify, prevent, detect and tackle fraud / money laundering and other crime
e. To keep you informed about the course
f. To comply with the law and regulatory requirements
3. We don’t store personal information unless required for the on-going operation of services to you, to comply with the law and to protect your rights.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
1. Information about your computer, and about your visits to and use of UK Sports Training website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type,
referral source, length of visit and number of page views)
2. Information that you provide to us for the purpose of applying to or contacting us (including name, email address, date of birth, address and telephone number)
3. Any other information that you choose to send to us
4. Special consideration information to enable us to provide equal opportunities to all
5. Results information for the qualifications undertaken
Using Your Personal Information
1. Contact you regarding your application or enquiry
2. Send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
3. To check if we will accept an application for credit
4. Contact customer’s when there are balances outstanding for our courses or against a loan account
5. Administer the website
6. Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
7. Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website or any other service provided by UK Sports Training
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer’s hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website. Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computer’s hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
Contact and Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at
their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user. Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website’s email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity [this is by no far a comprehensive list]. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more
relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links users should always adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively. Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email. This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses]. Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Resources and Further Information
Data Protection Act 1998
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – The Guide
1. To the extent that we are required to do so by law
2. In connection with Legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
3. For the purposes of payment processing
4. In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (Including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
5. For the purposes of monthly reporting to our credit reference agency
6. For the purposes of litigation when required
7. Provide third parties with statistical information as part of our regulatory requirement– but this information will not be used to identify any individual customer
8. Provide regulatory bodies with reports if a breach in regulation occurs (customers will also receive notification of the details being provided prior to submission if there is any identifying data included within the report)
1. You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
2. You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.